We're Hiring: Administration Assistant
Job Description and Person Specification
ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (part-time)
The Galway Music Residency (GMR) seeks to ignite and maintain a love of music in the people of Galway by presenting a diverse range of performance and education programmes through its ensemble in residence, the Galway ConTempo Quartet.
ConTempo Quartet was chosen as GMR’s Ensemble in Residence in 2002 and took up the position in 2003. During their 15 years with GMR they have captivated Galway audiences, inspired emerging musicians and life-long learners, and made classical music accessible to all.
GMR is seeking an Administration Assistant (part-time) to support the organisation’s continuing development and growth.This new position is offered as a fixed term contract for a period of 12 months. A probationary period of 3 months applies.
The working hours for this role are 20 hours per week. However, the nature of the role requires flexibility and a willingness to work outside of normal office hours on occasion. Time off in lieu will operate on an agreed basis. A pro-rata entitlement of 20 annual leave days excluding Public Holidays applies.
The position is based at GMR’s offices, located at Riverside Terrapin, NUI Galway. However, the role may require the post holder to work at, and from, other locations throughout the city and county from time to time.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Administration Assistant's key responsibilities will include:
Main Duties and Functions:
- Day-to-day administration including dealing with public / internal queries, liaising with suppliers, managing and maintenance of equipment and stationery stock, IT services etc.
- Preparing and modifying documents including correspondence, reports and emails;
- Assisting with logistics of events and outreach activities;
- Compiling and preparing event programmes;
- Assisting at events and acting in the role of Front-of-House representative as required;
- Regularly updating GMR’s website, event calendar and social networking platforms;
- Administration of Friends Scheme;
- Management of GMR’s mailing list.
Undertaking a variety of other duties at the direction of the General Manager as required, so as to ensure the success of the Galway Music Residency. The role of the post holder will not be limited by reference to this job description.It would be expected that the role will evolve as professional, structural and GMR demands change.
- Minimum three years’ experience working in an administrative role
- Hardworking and organised with excellent attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Content Management Systems and managing social media
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and to prioritise workload
- Good interpersonal skills and self-initiative
- Some flexibility regarding work schedule
- A genuine interest in, and knowledge of, classical music and the arts in Galway
- A third level qualification
- Professional experience working in the Galway arts sector
- Full clean drivers licence with access to own car.
€12,376 based on a 20-hour week (Full-time equivalent: €23,205).
- Applicants should submit a cover letter addressing their suitability for the role, a CV and the contact details for two references by email to email@example.com no later than 5:30pm on Friday 3 August 2018. “GMR Administration Assistant Application” should be included in the subject.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Thursday 16 August 2018.
- For enquiries please contact Maeve Bryan, General Manager, by 27 July 12 noon. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.